Using scaffolds can likely be the ideal option to use but it can get expensive very quickly when doing an exterior construction project for work safety purposes. You can sometimes get away with not using it but it can be a dangerous situation if you don’t observe proper safety measures.
Scaffoldings often take time to build, are expensive, and must be done by professionally well trained certified workers to ensure safety. However, if it’s not a large scale project then here are some alternatives that you can use to access tall buildings quickly and get the job done. Just a quick note, these “alternatives” may not necessarily be the best way to go about doing something so always make sure to prioritize safety first and always stick to good old fashioned sturdy scaffolds if the job calls for it so you can finish your project without any issues.
- This is the most common and simpler choice for accessing heights and used for short duration projects, but there are different sizes to choose from, so just in case you need a higher ladder, you might consider renting a ladder to get the job done if you don’t want to invest in buying different ladders.
- Although it is very easy to set up and gets the job done, the risk of falling or losing balance is very high, so always be careful when using a ladder as an alternative.
2. Scissor Lifts
- Lifts are used in cases where you need to move your platform from one place to another. These are wheel based machines designed to elevate workers and their tools vertically and even horizontally making the work faster and more secure than the average ladder and without the setup time of a scaffolding.
- Scissor lifts have a limit range so make sure that the construction projects’ height can be reached by the lift, if not, this may require you to rent a bigger lift suited for the job
3. Access towers
- Is a platform similar to scaffolding that leans against the wall of the structure to provide safety for workers, this alternative is mostly used for roof and gutter repairs.
- Unlike scaffoldings, access towers can’t be customized to accommodate the structure and increase the safety of the workers, but they do have different sizes but can be quite expensive.
All these alternatives are much more convenient than scaffolding and less expensive, but sacrificing for the safety of the workers and avoiding accidents that you wouldn’t typically get with scaffolding can be a factor. Always make sure that these equipment are in good shape and durable enough to use to prevent any accidents. GetPro Construction always prioritizes safety above all else. If you have any questions and want to know more about our services, contact us at (734) 822-9595 or send us an email at email@example.com.